Saturday, March 10, 2007

300-year old Guanyin Sculpture


A friend brought me yesterday afternoon to the home of a former China national, who has become a Singapore permanent resident.

It was a good opportunity for my friend and I to check out from the owner about this distinctive Guanyin sculpture.

At the same time, I'd got a chance to speak some Chinese and listen to somebody who speaks superb Beijing Chinese.

This owner had brought with her this 300-year old sculpture, carved from the root of a huge bamboo tree, when she emigrated to Singapore several years ago.

I've shot eight photographs of the sculpture and posted one good photograph here 'coz the owner has asked me to help her to sell this sculpture at Yahoo! Auctions Singapore.

For your information, Guanyin is the Chinese Goddess of Mercy.


No comments: