Sunday, November 26, 2006

1953 Malaya and British Borneo $50 QE 2 Banknote, AU


An Exquisite Exhibition of a Perfect Masterpiece.

This is almost a perfect piece of banknote (As you know, a banknote is just like a piece of work of art) except for a slight fold across the watermark area.

I'd bought this beautiful banknote in 1980 from the cheerful lady (LATEST NEWS: Her husband is still running a numismatic shop all these years since 1970) who had also sold to me one rare Malaya 1940 $10 George VI violet-color EF banknote.

I'd like to do business with her because she'd always allowed me to bargain. I'd remembered her wearing her beautiful lace-covered sarong kebaya and had plenty of gold jewelry all over her body.

By the way, that piece of 1940 $10 banknote had been sold on January 4, 2005, and so had this piece of almost perfect banknote sometime in May this year.

No comments: