Saturday, November 25, 2006

Old Train Tickets used as Bookmarks


I like to drop into second-hand (used) bookshops whenever I go downtown. You know train tickets are commonly used by readers as bookmarks, and I'd found three of these interesting items while browsing some used books inside Sultana Bookstore, that was then run by Romie in the 1990s.

I've heard of absent-minded readers who'd conveniently used banknotes as bookmarks but, being a keen paper money collector myself, I don't have any luck yet in finding one so far. I shall definitely post it up here for you to see if I should come across any banknote left behind by any absent-minded reader.

I will show you some other interesting items used as bookmarks that I have found in my 25 years of browsing and buying used books, the last 15 years browsing and buying most of the time from Romie's bookshop.

You can never know some of those weird, if not interesting, stuff readers like to tuck into their books as bookmarks. Have you ever heard of the story about someone who'd found a piece of ham bacon left behind as a bookmark?

No comments: