Friday, November 24, 2006

Bookmarks from my friend, Romie


12 nice and neat bookmarks given to me by my friend, Romie, who runs a bookshop called Books Galore at Scotts Road.

I've been collecting bookmarks since my early school days and I'd found some nice bookmarks (among other interesting items that I'll show you later) tucked inside some of the many used books bought from Romie, as well as inside several other used books I'd bought from other bookshops.

In all these 15 years that I've been buying used books and magazines from Romie, not even once have I ever asked him for any bookmark that he might have come across from sorting his thousands and thousands of books and magazines. Not until sometime last month, that idea somehow came into my mind when I was drinking coffee with him in his bookshop.

Romie then run through his two drawers of his desk and handed over to me these 12 pieces of nice and neat bookmarks. He told me he'd thrown away several bookmarks throughout those years, and he'll save for me any that he can find from now on.

No comments: