Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Naigai 8mm Movie Sound Projector


This is it! Going back to the good old days of seeing an old jerky 8mm movie in the comfort of your home.

Back in the mid-1970s, I'd got a good friend (a former schoolmate) who'd won this made-in-Japan Naigai 8mm movie sound projector as a prize from a newspaper contest.

He'd borrowed a reel of b/w documentary movie from the British Council and invited me to his home to enjoy a private screening. Man, this friend of mine then handed me this projector as a gift to bring it home!

I didn't screen any movie with this projector since then and kept it in its original carton-box until today. It's some kind of a dinosaur now and I don't know if its mechanism still works. But then, where do you find those old reels of 8mm movies today?

Latest Information: This movie projector has been sold on December 23 to an excellent customer who has traveled a great distance to collect it from my place of residence. Sold!

No comments: