Wednesday, November 22, 2006

My First Ever 12-inch/33-rpm LP Vinyl Record


Jethro Tull, Benefit, 10 Tracks, 1970 Reprise Records, Made in Australia.

This is my first ever LP vinyl record and it's still very playable and nicely kept in my collection, although I don't spin those old records anymore.

I won this particular record in 1970 as a prize from a popular music contest of a Sunday radio program, hosted by Mr Bernard Solosa, one of the best radio DJs in Singapore from the late 1960s to early 1980s.

I met Mr Solosa in the office of Cosdel Singapore Private Limited at Lau's Arcadia, East Coast Road, and collected this record personally from him. That was some wonderful experience for a schoolboy like me at that time. Subsequently, I'd won another record a few weeks later and met Mr Solosa for the second time.


No comments: